ESSENTIALS OF AMERICANA RECORD STORE DAY CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
ESSENTIALS OF AMERICANA RECORD STORE DAY CONTEST (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
2. No purchase necessary. This Contest is only open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, except employees (and their families or household members) of Yep Roc, RSD, the participating Record Store Day retailers, the participating Essentials of Americana artists, the Americana Music Association, and their respective parent entities, affiliates, or subsidiaries. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. To enter, you must submit your name, age, address, phone number, and a valid email address at the URL http://recordstoreday.com/Contest/2312. You may only enter once per household. All entries must be received by the close of the contest at midnight (EST) on August 24, 2014.
4. One (1) winner will be randomly selected by Yep Roc/RSD from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning are based on the total number of entries received. The winner will be notified by Yep Roc via email within twenty-four (24) hours following the close of the contest. The winner shall have seventy-two (72) hours to reply to their notification email by signing and returning an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and claim their prize. The affidavit of eligibility and liability release serves as confirmation of eligibility and releases Yep Roc, RSD, the participating Record Store Day retailers, the Americana Music Association, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, agencies, officers, members, directors, employees, agents, representatives and shareholders, as applicable, from any and all harm, injury or liability of any kind that may result in connection with participation in this Contest, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize, and any travel related thereto. Failure to respond within the seventy-two (72) hour period or the refusal to execute any required documentation or releases will result in the winner forfeiting the prizes, and Yep Roc shall have the right to randomly select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
5. The winner (and the winner’s guest) will each receive a badge to the Americana Music Association annual conference in Nashville, TN on September 17-21, 2014 (approximate retail value -- $365.00), roundtrip coach class airfare from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home within the continental United States to Nashville, TN (approximate retail value may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations), and one (1) standard occupancy double hotel room for the four (4) nights of the AMA Conference and Festival (approximate retail value -- $ 1500). The winner (and winner’s guest) agrees to be bound by all of the rules and regulations of the AMA Conference and Festival. The AMA festival badge will permit entry into all AMA events as set forth at the following link: http://americanamusic.org/about-festival. The winner’s guest must also be a legal resident of the United States and eighteen years (18) years of age, and shall be subject to the same verification and release procedure for the winner as set forth herein. The winner shall be solely responsible for their own transportation, meals, luggage fees, gratuities, hotel incidentals or other expenses not specifically provided for herein. All travel must be taken on dates specified by Yep Roc or the prizes will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability. Winner and travel guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. The winner will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prizes and shall be solely responsible for paying all required Federal, state and local taxes associated therewith.
6. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash value. The prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of entries are received and subject to verification of eligibility, and so long as all qualifications are met. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to Yep Roc’s use of his/her name, voice, photograph and likeness for advertising, publicity or trade purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received.
8. Neither Yep Roc nor RSD shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website. Neither Yep Roc nor RSD shall be responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading from or use of the website. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Yep Roc and RSD which, in the sole opinion of Yep Roc and RSD, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Yep Roc and RSD reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct the drawing from all submissions received prior to the action taken by Yep Roc and/or RSD. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SUCH THAT SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SOME ENTRANTS. EACH ENTRANT IS ADVISED TO CHECK HIS/HER LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Yep Roc and RSD, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents shall have no liability whatsoever in the event of any cancellation, delay or other event that is outside of their immediate and direct control in connection with this Contest, including without limitation any cancellation of the AMA Festival, winner’s flights, etc.).
10. Copies of the written Contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of the winner shall be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Essentials of Americana RSD Contest, c/o Redeye Distribution, 449-A Trollingwood Road, Haw River, NC 27258.