Find and visit a Local Record Store and get phone number and directions (call first, there is no guarantee which products may be in stock locally)
Purchase now from a local store that sells online
Purchase digitally now from recordstoreday.com (which serves local record stores)
These Indie stores carry most genres and you may want to also check with them
Find a local store
(Please call first)
1. Symphony No. 5 in C-Sharp minor: I. Trauermarsch. in Gemessenem Schritt
2. Symphony No. 5 in C-Sharp minor: II. Stürmisch Bewegt. Mit Grösster Vehemenz
3. Symphony No. 5 in C-Sharp minor: III. Scherzo. Kräftig, Nicht Zu Schnell
4. Symphony No. 5 in C-Sharp minor: IV. Adagietto. Sehr Langsam
5. Symphony No. 5 in C-Sharp minor: V. Rondo-Finale. Allegro
6. Rückert Lieder: No. 1, Blicke Mir Nicht in Die Lieder!
7. Rückert Lieder: No. 2, Ich Atmet' Einen Linden Duft!
8. Rückert Lieder: No. 3, Um Mitternacht
9. Rückert Lieder: No. 4, Liebst Du Um Schönheit (Orch. Puttman)
10. Rückert Lieder: No. 5, Ich Bin Der Welt Abhanden Gekommen
Barbirolli's recordings of Mahler symphonies are now regarded as landmark performances, on top of the Mahlerian discography. This fifth symphony, the last recording Barbirolli devoted to Mahler, is an essential testimony of the conductor's art. It is accompanied by the Rückert-Lieder sung by Janet Baker, a perfect example of the two artists' perfect mutual understanding in Mahler's vocal music. This landmark recording is released on LP with the fine HD remastering made for the Barbirolli Complete Warner Edition.