8. Donizetti: La Favorite: "L'ai-je bien entendu ? . O mon Fernand. Venez cruels" (Léonor)
9. Donizetti: La Favorite: Overture
10. Berlioz: Les Troyens: "Ah, ah, je vais mourir. Adieu fière cité" (Didon)
11. Gounod: Sapho: "Où suis-je ? . O ma lyre immortelle" (Sapho)
12. Saint-Saëns: Samson et Dalila: "Samson recherchant ma présence. Amour, viens aider ma faiblesse" (Dalila)
Christophe Rousset and Les Talens Lyriques make a foray into the Romantic repertoire with this tribute to Pauline Viardot, who was not only the most influential singer of the nineteenth century, but also a pedagogue and composer, whose gifts, personality and incomparable aura made her one of the leading figures of French Romanticism. Together the mezzo-soprano Marina Viotti and Christophe Rousset retrace Pauline Viardot's versatile career and, taking up her great roles, present a musical portrait of a unique performer, who was unanimously acclaimed by the audiences of her time.