Edsel presents Distortion: 1989-2019, an expansive 24CD boxset chronicling the solo career of legendary American musician Bob Mould.
WORKBOOK (1989), BLACK SHEETS OF RAIN (1990), COPPER BLUE (1992), BEASTER (1993), FILE UNDER: EASY LISTENING (1994), BESIDES (1995), BOB MOULD (1996), THE LAST DOG AND PONY SHOW (1998), MODULATE. (2002), LONG PLAYING GROOVES. (2002), BODY OF SONG (2005), BLOWOFF (2006), DISTRICT LINE (2008), LIFE AND TIMES (2009), SILVER AGE (2012), BEAUTY AND RUIN (2014), PATCH THE SKY (2016), SUNSHINE ROCK (2019)
LIVE AT THE CABARET METRO, 1989 (1989), THE JOKE IS ALWAYS ON US, SOMETIMES (1994), LIVEDOG98 (1998) LIVE AT ATP 2008 (2008)
BESIDES (1995), DISTORTION PLUS: 1989-2019 (new and exclusive 2CD compilation)
• Bob Mould’s career began in 1979 with the iconic underground punk group Hüsker Dü, before forming the beloved alternative rock band Sugar and releasing numerous critically acclaimed solo albums. Assembled with the assistance of Bob Mould himself, this is the definitive career spanning boxset that fans have been waiting for.
• 18 studio albums together for the first time, including every Bob Mould release from the iconic Workbook (1989) right up to the acclaimed Sunshine Rock (2019). Plus the complete Sugar discography and long out-of-print electronic projects Loudbomb and Blowoff.
• 4 live albums from across Mould’s career - LiveDog98, Live At ATP 2008, Live At The Cabaret Metro, 1989 and Sugar’s The Joke Is Always On Us, Sometimes.
• Distortion Plus: 1989-2019, a new and exclusive collection of rarities and collaborations across 2 CDs. Highlights include ‘Dear Rosemary’ (Mould’s 2011 collaboration with Foo Fighters), the previously unreleased original demo of ‘Dog On Fire’ (theme from the Daily Show) and live tracks from the 2007 ‘Circle of Friends’ concert film.
• Mastered by Jeff Lipton and Maria Rice at Peerless Mastering in Boston.
• Includes a 72-page companion booklet featuring: liner notes by journalist Keith Cameron; a foreword by writer and actor Fred Armisen; contributions from Richard Thompson, Shirley Manson, and Best Coast’s Bethany Cosentino; lyrics and memorabilia.