Thank you for choosing to buy locally from a record store!
In 1994, four teenagers find a mysterious game at a yard sale. As they play it, they discover it is strangely connected to their lives. What will they risk to unravel the secrets of The Initiative? The Initiative is a unique cooperative board game of clever strategy, codebreaking, and visual storytelling.
- The story is told through a comic book that is integrated into the game. A page is read before each game, and the outcome of the game can change what you read next.
- The gameplay is a unique blend of puzzle solving and strategy. Each game, players goal is to complete a mission by collecting glyphs and breaking a unique code.
- The game is full of secrets and mysteries. From cryptic messages written in the margin of the rulebook to strange codes that players get after completing a game. These mysteries are tied together into one large meta-puzzle that dedicated players can solve.
- Contents: 1 Double Sided Gameboard, 1 Rulesheet, 1 Comic Book (48 pages), 5 Action Cards, 4 Character Cards, 41 Large Mission Cards, 40 Resource Cards, 30 Secret Cards, 8 Standees, 59 Tokens.
- 1 - 4 Players
- Age: 8+
- Average game time: 30 - 60 minutes
- Size: 11.63 x 11.63 x 2.878 inches
- Country of origin: China